International boarding school for boys 13 to 19
Surval Gstaad is an international boarding school for boys between the ages of 13 – 19. It will open in September 2015, and joins the Surval family and the already well-established all-girls boarding school, Surval Montreux, in providing a quality single sex education to students from around the world. Surval Gstaad will as an all-boys school offer an internationally recognised curriculum with a strong outdoor focus specifically tailored for boys through benefiting from the spectacular geographical setting of Gstaad.
Our commitment is to provide an innovative and unique boy’s boarding education for 13-19 year olds. Whilst focusing on the academic core, we will allow all aspects of the boys’ developments to flourish aimed at encouraging initiative, leadership, and self-fulfilment underpinned by a spirit of teamwork and service through extensive use of the outdoors in our outstanding Alpine location.
- Foundation year will prepare boys from 13+ for either the American High School Program or for the IGCSE and A Levels.
- American High School Program for boys from 14+, from 9th to 12th grade, will prepare students for further university studies in the US and Canada, Business schools, or other institutions.
- IGCSE is the world’s most popular international curriculum for 14 – 16 year olds. It provides excellent preparation for more advanced study including AS and A Levels, as well as other progression routes.
- AS and A Level is for boys 16+ who have taken their IGCSE, and prepares them for University or other courses and eventual careers.
- Alpine Study Programme is for boys 16+ who would like a gap year tailored around adventure and outdoor pursuits, whilst developing skills in leadership and business, social awareness and charity work, languages and sports management.